IPIA LEVEL 1
Packrafting Beginner Certification Course
This Certification is designed to provide you with:
- The ability to rent a packraft from packrafting agents around the world
- The ability to safely and confidently navigate most rivers up to grade II
- IPIA Level 1 Certification Card as proof of your packrafting skill level
For more courses, locations or dates please contact us
Congratulations, you have discovered the relatively new sport of packrafting! These lightweight boats will allow you to explore the unexplored. They will give you access to some of the most beautiful and untouched places on the planet.
The IPIA Level 1 will ensure you get the most out of your packrafting experiences and provide you with a certification that indicates your level of training in the sport.
Our professional, IPIA certified instructors have trained thousands of people in New Zealand in Packrafting Skills and Safety. These people have gone on to explore the wonderful world of packrafting with confidence in their own abilities.
To sign up for the IPIA Level 1 you must be 12 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and to be in good physical health. No packrafting experience is required.
The IPIA Level 1 Certification has three main elements:
- An online independent theory element which you can study for and complete at your own pace
- A skill training in a controlled environment to learn all those skills
- A down river paddle to train and fine tune all the newly learned skill and prepare for the real worlds
- An river based hands-on experince to ensure you can put the theory into practice
If you have your own packrafting equipment we strongly recommend that you use it for the open water element. If you don’t have your own equipment yet, don’t worry, we have a full packrafting equipment package that you can hire for the course