Have you always wondered what it’s like to to steer your own craft down a river? If you want to packrafting, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Packrafting is for you. Discover Packrafting is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the Packrafting world. To sign up for the experience, you must be at least 12 years old. No prior experience is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical shape. Are you ready to try it out?
Why is this a good option?
- Great introduction to packrafting
- Low commitment to try out a great sport
- All gear provided
- Professional experienced guides to ensure your safety and teach you new skills
- A great way to spend a morning or afternoon
- Stunning scenery
- Learn about the packrafting equipment you use and how easy it is to set up.
- Float down a picturesque river.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every river journey.
- Have fun paddling around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified Packrafter through the IPIA level 1 course.
- All year from Te Anau and in most weather conditions
- Full day: Monday & Thursday 08:30 am
- Half day: Tuesday & Friday 08:30 am & 13:30 pm
- Private Courses are available on request min of 2
- All departures from : 68 Town Centre at Wild Rides
- Minimum age 12 years
- No experience required
- Reasonably fit and active
- Swimming skills are required
What to bring:
- Sturdy footwear (running shoes are fine – will get wet)
- Extra dry shoes and socks (for after trip )
- Weather appropriate walking/hiking clothing
- Hat (optional )
- Change of clothing if a rainy day
- Waterproof camera
- Drink bottle